- Cooking spray or olive oil
- 20 spears of asparagus, ends trimmed
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 tsp of soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp of balsamic vinegar – i used rice vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tin foil (easier clean up) and coat it with cooking spray.
- Add the trimmed asparagus spears to the baking sheet and season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes or until fork tender.
- Heat the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the butter has melted and starts to brown – DO NOT BURN. Add the soy sauce and balsamic vinegar and stir until well combined. Drizzle the sauce over the roasted asparagus and serve immediately. Enjoy.
Recipe adapted from: For the Love of Cooking.net