Yield: 4 servings | Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 30 min | Total Time: 45 min
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Dried basil, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups of orange, yellow, and red baby bell peppers, sliced
- 1 small sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 8 oz button mushrooms, quartered
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/3 cups of marinara sauce
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in a large OVEN proof skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Season each side of the chicken thighs with sea salt, freshly cracked pepper, garlic powder, and dried basil, to taste. Cook one side of the chicken thighs for 4 minutes then flip the chicken and cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and place on a plate.
- Add the other 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet then add the peppers and onions. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes then add the mushrooms. Continue cooking, stirring often, for 6 minutes. Add the minced garlic, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Add the marinara sauce; cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken thighs and their juices back to the OVEN PROOF skillet or Dutch oven. Place into the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese on top. Serve with pasta if desired. Enjoy.
Recipe adapted from: For the Love of Cooking.net